- Phil Rizzuto died a month or so ago. This is interesting news because not just do I know that he's the guy who does the pseudo-sports-announcing in "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" but I also actually own the book O Holy Cow!: The Selected Verse of Phil Rizzuto which has his real broadcast comments written in verse form and it rules. Bye, Phil.
- Um, this blog ALSO says "blah blah blog". And here I thought I was so original! Ok, time for the Official Google Test:
Results 1 - 10 of about 335,000 for "blah blah blog". (0.08 seconds)
- How bad do I want to see/be a part of/at least hang out with The Rock Bottom Remainders? Read the Quotations section. LOVE IT.
- Nice bumper sticker: "At least we're winning the war on the environment."
- In case you were wondering about car insurance companies: Mercury Insurance SUCKS ASS. Geico rules.
- Quotation of the week:
"Night, I have discovered, has a faintly bitter taste, caused by its large ingredient of Unattained Possibility."
--Christopher Morley in John Mistletoe (according to p198 of Sixpence House)
- What is it with emotional attachment to clothes? I almost NEVER wear t-shirts anymore but I have huuuuuge stacks of them that I can't get rid of because of some kind of crazy nostalgia. T-shirts, folks. WTF?
- The Falling Sand Game is kind of fantastic. It's considered the Best Time Waster on The Best of Everything blog, which is in itself an ok time waster but not as good as the same guy's blog Thinking the Lions which I quite like. [Hey, he commented on egg salad! Woo-hoo!]