Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Two words: Tino.

I. I KNEW IT!

So, that link is to the blog of Diablo Cody, who wrote the unbelievably wonderful "Juno", of course. (Thanks to El Gigante for the link there.) She writes:

"To answer an increasingly common and much-welcomed question, yes-- the reference to "Tino" in Juno is absolutely a MSCL shout-out."

I KNEW IT!!


II. Also, by the way, I Am Legend Los Angeles on Christmas Morning. Driving down Ventura at 10am on Christmas Day? De. Ser. Ted. But no cgi gazelles.


III. RDB can't resist the urge to out-geek herself. Favorite day-appropriate joke? Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because OCT 31 = DEC 25 !

IV. I told you RDB was dorkier than you thought.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dorkier than I thought yet this list APPEARS to start with 1 and not 0? I must still be exhausted from camp and misreading it.

Briane said...

I don't get any of this! What's "MSCL?" And can you explain the joke?

Once, on vacation, we tried to drive all the way to downtown Los Angeles from our hotel, but gave up after 1 1/2 hours.

ReadDanceBliss said...

*Sigh*... it's "My So-Called Life", only the best TV show ever.

And OCTal is a counting system like DECimal, but base 8 instead of 10, so... well, from there you either get it or you can congratulate yourself on being NOT a math nerd. :)

Anonymous said...

Did you ever think you'd know more about tv than... well... anyone, RDB? :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.