Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Is it 9 Days To Go?

When I was 12 years old, I moved from New York to Florida. I kept in touch with some friends and because my father and family still lived in NY, I would go back to visit pretty frequently. I certainly was not the most popular girl at Wisdom Lane Middle School when I left at the end of my 6th grade year, but let me tell you:  going away and coming back does WONDERS for your popularity. I'd come up to visit and go to school with my bff Kathleen and I'd feel like the queen of the world - people who never spoke to me before I moved away all wanted a piece of me when I came back for these brief appearances! I have found this effect over and over again in my life and I am enjoying it now - having been away for three months (and having plans to leave again so soon), I show up to work or school or dancing and feel like a celebrity. Thanks, y'all!

Of course, I spend most of my time answering the questions of where-have-you-been and when-are-you-leaving-again. It's fun to refer to my weeks here in my own home as a "visit", like it's a stop on my travels and not a break between travels. And I keep thinking I should make one of those yes/no websites, like IS IT CHRISTMAS? and IS IT A JEWISH HOLIDAY TODAY?

IS RDB HOME TODAY?
YES.  
But not for long...





No comments: